Thanks to William for the last post while we were still stuck in the hospital. Here's the story of how she made her way into the world. Contractions started early Friday evening. We went to the hospital per the on call doctors instructions Saturday morning, was only dilated to a 1 so we walked around the maternity center for an hour and half trying to move things along. When that didn't do anything we went home. By Saturday night the contractions were pretty strong but had spaced out to about 8 minutes apart. They started coming about 2-3 minutes apart in the early morning hours so we headed back to the hospital Sunday morning about 4:30. I was dilated to a 3, so they admitted us and the process began! I got an epidural when I was dilated to a 7 about an hour and a half later, but they hit my spine so I could not move a thing below my chest! It was apparently pretty funny. Anyway, we had to wait for the numbness to wear off enough so I could feel to push and then she came at 7:48 am! So the actual hospital experience was short, so we are grateful for that. She was a lot smaller than we were expecting, only 6 lbs 2 oz and 19 inches long.
She is such a good little baby and so sweet, we feel very blessed that she has become a part of our little family!

Sunday, January 10, 2010
The Story
Posted by Will & Amy at 6:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Ailey is adorable! I am glad everything seemed to go well. I am so excited for you! Good luck with the recovery.
She is so cute! I can't believe she is here. Congrats Amy, you and Will are going to be amazing. Love you tons.
Good story. It sounds like things went well. She is precious! I can't wait to chat. Keep the pictures coming!
Oh my gosh, she is the daintiest little baby I have ever seen! She is adorable...good luck with new parenthood!
You can see her sweetness from the pictures! I am glad to hear "the story" everyone wants to know...how the baby came into this world!
Glad to hear things are going well for you guys. Love ya!
Shoot, I thought I posted a comment on here. What the heck? Anyways, your baby is absolutley beautiful! I am being so for real too. You know some people say, "Oh, she's so cute." or "She is adorable." Sometimes newborn babies aren't quite the cutest thing you've ever seen at first.But, Amy, Will, she really is a very pretty baby! She's perfect! Nice work!
Post a Comment