My sister works for a small weekly newspaper in our hometime, so over the holiday weekend we had to go "cover" a story...here are pics from the Ol' Glory Parade. This is a HUGE deal. So we drive into town...notice, population 191. Every year they have this parade to celebrate the 4th of July...anyone is allowed to be in the parade as long as they have a flag on some part of their vehicle. This is not really a parade, more of a caravan. They start in one town and go thru a couple of other small towns until they end the "parade" at a park and have a picnic. There are more parade participants than parade watchers. It's pretty exciting. There were "political" vehicles, firetrucks, quads, tractors...and that's about it. Rednecks? Hick?You betcha!!
So here is a pic of an old firetruck...I wouldn't be surprised if they still use this today, with some quads behind it, and here is a picture of me with my flag...what a story!! 3 cheers for the Glory Parade!!
So here is a pic of an old firetruck...I wouldn't be surprised if they still use this today, with some quads behind it, and here is a picture of me with my flag...what a story!! 3 cheers for the Glory Parade!!


1 comments:
I'm so glad you commented on my blog because I hadn't seen yours yet! I'm so sorry that your husband is gone all summer - that's horrible!! I actually think that would be worse because at least I had my kids to distract me for part of the 7 weeks!! Hang in there, and I hope you get to see him again SOON!!!
Post a Comment